News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Call Handling: How to tell which number the caller dialed?
Tags: call handling
Jul 31, 2014 at 7:24am   •   9 replies  •  0 likes
Zee Bee
Is there a way to tell what number an incoming call dialed?

For example, if some one dials our -8155 number but its set to forward to two other numbers simultaneously, is there a way to tell that the incoming call was dialed to -8155 and not the other two?
8 Answers
answered on Oct 21, 2021 at 12:11pm  

I think people are missing the point of the question. It's not How do I look up three days later who is calling me. It's specifically about the incoming call dialed at the time the call is dialed. We have the same set up. A number is set to forward to another number. But, from the incoming call screen that shows up when it's ringing, there is no way to n=know which number they dialed. The importance of the call is strongly indicated by which number they dialed.

on Mar 27, 2023 at 12:31pm   •  0 likes

There still isn't a solution to this, and it's frustrating.

answered on Dec 9, 2017 at 10:09am  
With the new Call Log display, I am no longer seeing the extension number. Is there a way to see this information from the Admin Portal?

answered on Aug 28, 2017 at 2:25pm  
Calls received from a cellphone doesn't show the number that was being dialed. I was advised that it is a feature request. Incoming call info: support "Called number" CLID for mobile endpoints is not working. Will this be available in the upcoming releases?

answered on May 24, 2016 at 4:07pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled when adding 2nd lines it would be good to see the line the caller is dialing.. ca.... Adding multiple lines on phones is not helpful when you can't see what line the caller is dialing..
We don't always want to log online to check the call log.. it would be good to see it from the phone.
Can this feature be included soon.

answered on Jun 4, 2015 at 8:02pm  
You can find this info at the Call Log section of the RC Portal...

answered on Jun 4, 2015 at 4:32pm  
I have the same question... I can see that it was called to my extension after following the above "detailed" instructions but I am unable to see what number the CALLER called.  I see my contact and their number but I am unable to see which one of my 6 lines they dialed... Not a big deal but helpful for call backs so its consistent.  Please point me towards where to find this info :) thanks you guys!!!

answered on Aug 11, 2014 at 6:19am  
Jan, is correct you could look at the call logs but another approach is to adjust the inbound caller ID information on the extensions to select the Called number instead of Caller ID.  This will pass the information to the phone so you know what number the caller dialed.

This is under call handling for each extension

Let us know if this works for you

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com

answered on Aug 8, 2014 at 1:26pm  
Log into your account as an administrator. Click on "Call Log" then select "View: Detailed". This will show you the incoming number, the number they called and which extension it went to.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us