question

Jeroen Couwenberg avatar image
Jeroen Couwenberg asked Anirban answered

company phone not working after publishing

Hi, sorry for the confusion. This is what we have done: we have a developer account with a sandbox. We have created an app that uses implicit flow for the authorization. The app is working as long as we provide the username/main company phone number of the sandbox environment. But now we also published the app on production and changed clientId and clientSecret. Now when the auth pop-up is shown we tryto login with the sandbox username / main company phone. But it fails.

Do I understand correctly that in order to use the prod app I have to login with a prod username/main company phone number?

On the top right in the dev account we have an "upgrade" button with an "i" icon which says (when hovering) that we are on a free dev account and "... public apps can be built to connect to production services of other paid RingCentral accounts"

What we want to do

1. See if the app works on production as well

2. Let other RingCentral users use our production app.

Any help will be greatly appriciated!

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
1. What type of authentication do you implement, password flow or authorization flow?
2. Did you change the client id and client secret for the production?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Jeroen Couwenberg commented
What do you mean by publishing? If it is going from sandbox to production, you need to update clientId, clientSecret and also use production user credentials.
1 comment
1 |3000

Jeroen Couwenberg avatar image Jeroen Couwenberg commented ·

Hi I updated the initial question. Can you please take a look?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You cannot login your app running in the production environment with your sandbox login credentials. You have to login with user under the production account instead.

If your app is public, then you can use any user from any production account to log in.

If you don't have one and want me to test it for you, then provide me the link to the app as well as instructions of what to test, so I can try login.

1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

When I contacted the developer support team with the same issue to know how to test the application in production having production credentials, this is what they wrote:

"You will not be able to test it using your account. Since it is a public app, any other RC user (paid user) can test your integration. "

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys