question

Jeroen Couwenberg avatar image
Jeroen Couwenberg asked Jeroen Couwenberg answered

Why does it say "email address already in use" when no password has been set?

A colleague of mine tried to create a developer account but something went wrong. He went through the signup steps and at the last step when he confirmed his details, an error popped up. Now when he tries to signup again he receives an error saying his email address is already in use but there is no way to retrieve it because no password has been set.

The email address used is m.vdlinden@loyally.eu.

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Jeroen,

I check the email address but could not find a new account associated with that email. Can you tell your colleague to clear the browser cookies and retry.

Let me know if the problem still persists.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered

Did you try to reset password (forgot my password)? If it still doesn't work, please contact the developer support team by submitting a support ticket.

1 |3000

timothy-knight16222 avatar image
timothy-knight16222 answered
Hey All. I am getting your request for support through my email. He also called me earlier. We might check to see if there is some way our lines are "crossed"....I am no help on the technology sorry. 
1 |3000

Jeroen Couwenberg answered

1 |3000

Jeroen Couwenberg answered

The colleague is still receiving this problem. I will ask him to contact the developer support team.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys