question

rich-sutton14968 avatar image
rich-sutton14968 asked Phong Vu commented

Why can I not delete users from the sandbox?

I'm trying to reallocate user accounts in my sandbox to other people, but I can't delete users.

When I go to Users > Users with Extensions and click Delete next to the user I want to remove, the request always shows a popup saying:

"We are sorry. Your request cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later."

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
It could be a temporary problem. I just test mine and it works ok. Can you try again?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rich-sutton14968 avatar image
rich-sutton14968 answered Phong Vu commented
Thanks for the reply, Phong. This has been a problem for me for a few weeks now. I just went to the Sandbox and confirmed that the issue still exists.
8 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
A couple of questions:

1/ Is the user's status "Enabled"? If yes, you have to disable the user before deleting it.

2/ You wrote "When I go to Users > Users with Extensions and click Delete next to the user I want to remove": Do you see the " Enable | Delete" under the Operation column at that user row?

I test over again and it works for me always. Can you give me the sandbox main company number to see if I could help.
0 Likes 0 ·
rich-sutton14968 avatar image rich-sutton14968 commented ·
Yes the users are disabled, and I am clicking delete. It sound like the problem is not a general one, since it works in your environment. Perhaps there is something specific to my sandbox account? Would it help to do a joint debugging session?
0 Likes 0 ·
My sandbox account main number is 15178853319.
0 Likes 0 ·
Which user do you want to delete? Can I try that from my site with the admin right?
0 Likes 0 ·
That would be great! Please delete Cresci and Anderson.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Rich,

I try and got the same error message as you got. I will open a ticket and our engineers will investigate it. Meanwhile, you can just modify the user info and re-assign to another person if that is what you want to do.

Will let you know once I get the root cause of the problem.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you! Can you point me at the documentation that would allow me to add other users in this situation? My account says that I have maxed out the number of users I'm allowed. Can I get an increase?
0 Likes 0 ·

No, you cannot add more than 4 users to a sandbox account. You may submit a request with business justification on a support ticket and ask for extra users.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys