question

travis-carona1490 avatar image
travis-carona1490 asked Suyash Joshi commented

Send SMS - Error MSG-304

I have my app working fine in Sandbox, but in production when trying to send a text, i recieve the following response:

body=>"{\r\n

\"errorCode\" : \"FeatureNotAvailable\",\r\n

\"message\" : \"Phone number doesn't belong to extension\",\r\n

\"errors\" : [ {\r\n

\"errorCode\" : \"MSG-304\",\r\n

\"message\" : \"Phone number doesn't belong to extension\"\r\n

} ]\r\n}", :url=>#<URI::HTTPS:0x007ffb5c0b65d0 URL:https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms>;,

I am trying to text a users cell phone number. We receive txts on our cells fine in sandbox mode

sms and text messagingerrors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered NuCare Admin commented
What is the from number you're using please and is it part of your production RingCentral account for the user you've authenticated in the session?

Could you provide the request headers and body you're using please?
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

NuCare Admin avatar image NuCare Admin commented ·

Hi . Greetings.

I am currently working on sandbox environment, and my phone number is associated to my account. But when I try to test sms api, it returns an error "Phone number doesn't belong to extension"

{ "to" : [{ "phoneNumber" : "+171xxxxxxxx " }], "from" : { "phoneNumber" : "+147xxxxxxxx}" }, "text" : "Test SMS message from Platform server" }

What's wrong?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
travis-carona1490 answered
Hey Ben, 

I am using the following as my request headers/body :

conn.headers['Authorization'] = "Bearer #{token["access_token"]}"   
conn.headers['Content-Type'] = "application/json"

and the body

res = conn.post '/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms', {      to: recipients,
      text: message
    }.to_json

in the above, recipients is a local phone number and message is just a string message
the from number is 5128272252 and we are using extension 101; we got those from the user accound credentials page on the ringcentral dev dashboard
1 |3000

The "to" property must contain a Caller-Info object that has a phoneNumber property similar to your "from" property.

Check the, developer guide here for more information:  https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefCreateSMSMessage
1 comment
1 |3000

Hi . Greetings.

I am currently working on sandbox environment, and my phone number is associated to my account. But when I try to test sms api, it returns an error "Phone number doesn't belong to extension"

{ "to" : [{ "phoneNumber" : "+171xxxxxxxx " }], "from" : { "phoneNumber" : "+147xxxxxxxx}" }, "text" : "Test SMS message from Platform server" }

What's wrong?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sorry, it wasn't clear from the example. recipients is a Caller info object  and looks like this [{phoneNumber: '512XXXXXXX'}]

so 

recipients = [{phoneNumber: '512XXXXXXX'}]
res = conn.post '/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms', {      to: recipients,
    }.to_json
1 |3000

Yes, that should work as expected. If not, please provide the headers and error message please.
1 comment
1 |3000

Hi . Greetings.

What's wrong?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
also, incase it helps, this does work in the sandbox

the headers:

conn.headers['Authorization'] = "Bearer #{token["access_token"]}"    
conn.headers['Content-Type'] = "application/json"

The Body: 

conn.post '/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms', {      to: [{phoneNumber: 512XXXXXXX}],
    }.to_json

the response/error:

<Faraday::Response:0x007fac88eb5a00 @env={:method=>:post, :body=>"{\r\n  \"errorCode\" : \"FeatureNotAvailable\",\r\n  \"message\" : \"Phone number doesn't belong to extension\",\r\n  \"errors\" : [ {\r\n    \"errorCode\" : \"MSG-304\",\r\n    \"message\" : \"Phone number doesn't belong to extension\"\r\n  } ]\r\n}", :url=>#<URI::HTTPS:0x007fac846bc438 URL: https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms>;, :request_headers=>{"User-Agent"=>"Faraday v0.8.9", "Authorization"=>"Bearer U0pDMDFQMDdQQVMwNXxBQUF5cjVEZURodDZhSWx2cGFYUlhsREJCdkd6Yzk5d0JEd3ZraExzNm5yNGl0YUt5bG5fRE5QX0Rtd0JobXl4MG16Qm9DRy04NzZPaDNPV3FzbEwwTUtuNHVYM3ZWR2xWd052cjZSYUdsbW93bmpXd3pyRkt3aFJrZTBGaEVGeDJVZ3xZNHl2WGd8YkdUYVhKZEpucGlYQnF0QndBRUs5UQ", "Content-Type"=>"application/json"}, :parallel_manager=>nil, :request=>{:proxy=>nil}, :ssl=>{}, :status=>403, :response_headers=>{"server"=>"nginx/1.8.0", "date"=>"Mon, 21 Mar 2016 19:32:46 GMT", "content-type"=>"application/json;charset=UTF-8", "content-length"=>"218", "connection"=>"close", "rcrequestid"=>"b06f05f4-ef9b-11e5-af18-005056973311", "routingkey"=>"SJC01P07PAS05", "x-loadmetric"=>"7", "x-error-id"=>"2da5f246-03f3-481a-8dd3-14a4df00e683", "x-rate-limit-group"=>"medium", "x-rate-limit-limit"=>"40", "x-rate-limit-remaining"=>"39", "x-rate-limit-window"=>"60", "content-language"=>"en-US"}, :response=>#<Faraday::Response:0x007fac88eb5a00 ...>}, @on_complete_callbacks=[]> => {"errorCode"=>"FeatureNotAvailable", "message"=>"Phone number doesn't belong to extension", "errors"=>[{"errorCode"=>"MSG-304", "message"=>"Phone number doesn't belong to extension"}]}
1 |3000

Awesome, thanks for sharing your success.
1 comment
1 |3000

Hi . Greetings.

What's wrong?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
?? that was my error

it works in the sandbox but not production ...that was there production error
1 |3000

It is still not working
1 |3000

I received an email that this case was closed, is there a way to reopen it please?
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys