question

travis-carona1490 avatar image
travis-carona1490 asked Suyash Joshi commented

Send SMS - Error MSG-304

I have my app working fine in Sandbox, but in production when trying to send a text, i recieve the following response:

body=>"{\r\n

\"errorCode\" : \"FeatureNotAvailable\",\r\n

\"message\" : \"Phone number doesn't belong to extension\",\r\n

\"errors\" : [ {\r\n

\"errorCode\" : \"MSG-304\",\r\n

\"message\" : \"Phone number doesn't belong to extension\"\r\n

} ]\r\n}", :url=>#<URI::HTTPS:0x007ffb5c0b65d0 URL:https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms>;,

I am trying to text a users cell phone number. We receive txts on our cells fine in sandbox mode

sms and text messagingerrors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Sorry about that, thought you had things working the way you needed.

In production:
  1. Has your app/integration been graduated to production?
  2. Are you using the production API Base URL: https://platform.ringcentral.com/ ?
  3. Are you using production API keys (if you have production access)?
  4. Do I need to re-review this in the context of your production account?
Thanks for helping to isolate the answers.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

travis-carona1490 answered
No problem, i think i just got you confused by saying that it was working in staging.  To answer you questions
  1. The app has been graduated
  2. we are using production url
  3. correct keys
  4. I am not sure what you mean by review in conext of production account, but if that means that you can take a look at my account specifically, I am beginning to think that the problem may lie in an account specific spot.  It's just weird that we are perfectly fine in staging.
Thanks again for getting back!
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered
And the "from" number is a number associated with the respective production RingCentral account?
1 |3000

travis-carona1490 answered
That is correct
1 |3000

benjamin-dean answered benjamin-dean commented
Could you send me the request headers and body you're using privately to: benjamin.dean@ringcentral.com please?

I'd like to run some tests myself please.
1 comment
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image benjamin-dean commented ·
Actually, I just spoke with Support and they have your issue running there as well.

Could you send that information to your support thread and I'll have them escalate the ticket to isolate and resolve the issue please?

Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
If you indicate a company number (not direct extension number) as your "from" number, you must be logged in as a company operator to be allowed to send SMS from this number. By default, main system administrator extension is defined as a company operator, but it can be changed in RingCentral Service Web UI .  
1 |3000

anton-nikitin answered
1 |3000

dave-maxfield13994 avatar image
dave-maxfield13994 answered
HI, I am having a similar issue,

This is my header and request string.

curl --request POST \ --url ' https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms' \ --header 'accept: application/json' \ --header 'authorization: Bearer SUFEMDFQMDdQQVMwMHxBQUMxaXFvRnNqRjRQSE5yc1pCSTdacldhNjJLZl9wbHRHd3c3Z3R6eHZUZXRmNzFRMmJZOTlRRFdyTnU4a0dDb2N0NF9QWWRPMEVYNENYQjd4dmJsWHJobm5GOTQ4Zi1PTFRIczcycTVONm13em0xVDVFbTd3YkZXRGtIalZ1Qzk1R3Z5cnhkdTRFLVdQLVVtcVBsbzNtTmpTbG43LVpsM3BSb0dZR19MVlo5bGhoU1ZXNEYwVG9taHY3cjI0RVA3UnBoOXpZR1RqSDlLWDJuSFFHSlJjMnF8SHVZRXVRfEEwcDA1RzQ4S3JsaG5CcFViUEJ4SkF8QUE' \ --header 'content-type: application/json' \ --data '{"from":{"phoneNumber":"+18035096800"},"to":[{"phoneNumber":"(378) 400-1234"}],"text":"testing"}'

This is the response i recieve.
The error code is 304
{ "errorCode": "FeatureNotAvailable", "message": "Phone number doesn't belong to extension", "errors": [ { "errorCode": "MSG-304", "message": "Phone number doesn't belong to extension" } ] }
1 |3000

anton-nikitin answered
Dave,

The phone number you use to send a message from (+18035096800) must belong to authenticated user.
1 |3000

frank-eady16021 avatar image
frank-eady16021 answered
Hi, Anton Nikitin
I working on app: Should I define as "from number" the number from here:  https://prnt.sc/njgern ?
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys