question

snakeboard-snakeboard13303 avatar image
snakeboard-snakeboard13303 asked Phong Vu commented

restapi/v1.0/account/~/recording/571972774064 returns CMN-102 not found despite having an existing object in the call log record

As the title suggests there is a recording entry attached to a call log record which is not returning the recording meta data.

Any ideas?

errorscall logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Can you show the code how you read the recording attachment? It full uri is returned from the recording.contentUri and it should look like this:

https://media.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/[]accountId/recording/6197327004/content 
Your content id looks too long and missing the /content

Let me know
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

snakeboard-snakeboard13303 answered snakeboard-snakeboard13303 commented
Hello, the code is doing a GET on:

https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/recording/571972774064

This is only for getting the call meta data and  not for getting the /content.

This is a step before reading the recording attachment.

The response is:

"errorCode" : "CMN-102", "message" : "Resource for parameter [callRecordingId] is not found",
12 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
My bad that I did not read your question carefully.

You provided the sessionId not the record id. The record id is something like this "
CU_9_TsLrhvLDUA"

However, just now we have some problem with the call log in sandbox. Hopefully we will it soon. You can test with your production account though.
0 Likes 0 ·
snakeboard-snakeboard13303 avatar image snakeboard-snakeboard13303 commented ·
Hi,

These are the following Ids for accessing the data with this query:

CallRecordId: Py_Um-8297uTzUA,
RecordingId: 571972774064
SessionId: 763881998064

I also experienced more error messages with the same problem at around 23:30 on 13/03/2019 but they seem to have rectified themselves; this one however is still an issue.

Kind regards,
0 Likes 0 ·
paco-vu avatar image paco-vu commented ·
Where did you get the instruction to use the "RecordingId" and the "SessionId" to fetch the record?
The documentation shows the required input is the "callRecordId*" which is an internal identifier of a call log record. So just use that one.

0 Likes 0 ·
snakeboard-snakeboard13303 avatar image snakeboard-snakeboard13303 commented ·
Hi,

I got the information here:

https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-reference#Call-Log-listCallRecordings

The example posted uses a number:

GET /restapi/v1.0/account/401452676008/recording/401786818008

0 Likes 0 ·
paco-vu avatar image paco-vu commented ·
Thanks! That is incorrect and misleading info. I will let the docs team know to fix that. Meanwhile, please use the correct CallRecordId (i.e. records[0].id)
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
snakeboard-snakeboard13303 answered Phong Vu commented
Hi,

This has turned into a bigger problem now as we have 10 or so calls that return recording objects but throw exceptions when accessing the recording metadata / content; is there an update on this?

Kind regards,
2 comments
1 |3000

The person I who could look into this problem just got back from vacation. I will check with him today and give you update asap.

Your patience is much appreciated!
Please stay tuned.
0 Likes 0 ·

Can you send your question with those recording ids on a help support ticket so our support engineers can help you better with this problem?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys