question

david-hepper13499 avatar image
david-hepper13499 asked Tyler Liu commented

Glip: Would like to add links to files from Google Team Drives

Why doesn't Glip have an integration with Google Team Drives, their team-oriented file storage product, but only with Google Drive, their personal product? We use Team Drives to store shared files in a tree structure because RC/Glip itself doesn't support tree structures. We'd still like to be able to reference these files from Glip.

Apparently this can easily be fixed by updating Glip to use Google's API v3 Picker > https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/picker but is this something we can do ourselves? If not, could it move up the dev priorities, please?

[RC Office users]

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
> Why doesn't Glip have an integration with  Google Team Drives , their team-oriented file storage product, but only with  Google Drive , their personal product?

Could you please let me know the integration you are currently using? I would like to have a try.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david-hepper13499 avatar image
david-hepper13499 answered Tyler Liu commented
Thank you for taking an interest in this, Tyler. 'Google Drive' is the only integration in my list. My default browser is Firefox and some others prefer Chrome. No browser extensions are needed for attaching from My Drive to work but we cannot even see the Team Drives in the file picker dialog.
It appears that Glip's API Picker is out of date and v3 will allow us to pick files from Team Drives. Maybe the version used by Glip pre-dates Google Team Drives.
1 comment
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Are you saying that you cannot upload a file from Google Team Drive to a Glip conversation via Glip file picker?
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys