question

jamadagni-t13919 avatar image
jamadagni-t13919 asked Phong Vu commented

Login issue in Ringcentral phone app and unable to make a call using chrome extension

Hi all,

I'm getting login issues when using Ringcentral phone app and my role type is "Super admin". I cross checked every thing , but I don't know where I done the mistake. And I'm unable to make a calls with chrome extension. It shows that my email is not registered and my account has no permissions to access the service. Below I attached the screenshots of my issues. If anybody knows about my issues, kindly let me know the solution.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Did you log in with your sandbox account or production account?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jamadagni-t13919 avatar image
jamadagni-t13919 answered Phong Vu commented
Yes I logged in my account and checked ,but not working

5 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
What account? Sandbox or Production?
0 Likes 0 ·
jamadagni-t13919 avatar image jamadagni-t13919 commented ·
Sandbox account only

0 Likes 0 ·
To login with your sandbox account, you have to switch the soft phone to sandbox mode.

On Mac OS press and hold fn + command + f2 keys and on Windows press and hold Ctrl + F2.
0 Likes 0 ·
jamadagni-t13919 avatar image jamadagni-t13919 commented ·
Hi Phong thanks for your previous solution .Now I'm able to making calls with softphone app, But I'm unable to make a call with chrome extension while testing in sandbox mode. there are 3 options for "Make my calls with" in settings. I'm unable to do calls when I'm selecting the "My ringcentral phone" option. it displaying the error message. kindly let me know how to use those options for making a call. 
0 Likes 0 ·
You need to switch the RC Chrome extension to sandbox too. Check out this post and try it  https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/chrome-softphone-to-sandbox
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys