question

justin avatar image
justin asked Tyler Liu answered

Receiving error "PBX not registered" when logging into RingCentral via API

I have a program that I'm trying to build that is intended to send out SMS messages. This program has multiple users, and they need to send out things like reminders to various clients. Thus the program needs to make connections to the RingCentral API to send out these SMS/MMS messages.

I'm working with a co-worker, who had some credentials he had been using in earlier tests. We got things working from his machine, but then I tried to do some testing from my machine. I received errors using the same process that he had used. This program executes from the context of the machine that it is running on - not from a centralized server context - so when I'm running it, the requests are being sent from my machine, vs. when my coworker runs things they are sent from his machine.

The error is "PBX not registered". When my coworker messes up his credentials, he gets a different error, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the UN/PW combination.

Does RingCentral only allow certain credentials to be used from specific locations/machines?

Do they tag or mark a set of credentials with the IP/MAC/persistentID of the machine that is used to first log in with them? And then only let's that one source machine use those credentials?

How can I configure my program so that it will work for all users from all locations? The idea was to use a single set of login credentials for the program, regardless of who the user actually making the SMS request was.

rest apierrors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
If you are using RingCentral API, your program location doesn't matter. Your app just sends HTTP Requests to RingCentral API server, so it works as long as your network connection is OK.

Could you please provide more details? Such as HTTP request detail, and full response? It's even better if you can post short code snippet to reproduce the issue.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys