News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Salesforce- Call out
Tags: salesforce
Aug 17, 2015 at 12:09pm   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
peter

Description:

When making a call from Salesforce, a connection call is required for the user to their desktop app (and/or smart phone app) before a call is placed for Salesforce contact

Goal:

To place a call directly to contact in Salesforce without having to connect to application via phone call

Troubleshooting:

Have not been able to troubleshoot- no settings/ config to change this either

Software:

7.2.4.15096 (not applicable)

5 Answers
answered on Aug 17, 2015 at 2:28pm  
Thank you for clarifying and explaining this missing piece of information.
You all have been a great help

answered on Aug 17, 2015 at 2:21pm  
Hello Peter, 
Let me explain further what you heard from RC customer support and VB is referring to. The current version of the App does not act as a phone or does not have the capability to conduct voice call but rather use RC API under the covers to connect your RC phone with your party.

The good news is that we are working towards an App that will have voice call capabilities and you will not have to use the RC phone for voice conversation.  We should have the App ready early next year or perhaps sooner 

answered on Aug 17, 2015 at 2:08pm  
Are the customer using Ring out API - Click to call feature?

answered on Aug 17, 2015 at 2:00pm  
The Salesforce contact is a cell phone. I recently got off the phone with RC Customer Support and they told me that this connecting call was necessary because Salesforce does not have a dial out capability. I still find this odd when Ring Central is logged into on SF website (with corresponding ext desktop app is open as well)

answered on Aug 17, 2015 at 1:55pm  
If the phone number is a Direct number/ PSTN number and a hard phone is connected to it, using ring-out you can make a call directly to the hard phone. If the phone number is a Digital line you will need a soft-phone to pick up the call. 

Is the salesforce contact digital line or direct number?  If its digital line , you need a soft phone.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us