question

vikash-singh62 avatar image
vikash-singh62 asked Anirban answered

Api Calling For Production Getting Authentication header value is malformed

Hi,

Currently I am getting Bad Request Error While testing Production Apps Called

RingCentralTOCouchbase ,I also See status as Production Key Activated

I had Followed the Steps by steps guide to test the API Call to get Proper Response

https://developer.ringcentral.com/library/tutorials/get-started.html

The Issues which I am Facing Now, is Even if I passes the Correct Credential I am Always get Bad Client

Can I got help to solve this Issues for us

please find the below attached Error ScreenShots for our test Api Call

rest apiauthentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ak avatar image
ak answered
Hi Vikash,

As long as you are passing in the correct username and password you should not receive a "Bad Client" error . However, we suggest you make sure your App Key and the App Secret are correct for the application "RingCentralTOCouchbase" . We validated your issue at our end and we receive "invalid resource owner credentials" as we do not have your password. 

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

The first thing that needs to be kept in mind while testing a production API is the client Id and secret will be different for production environment than it was in sandbox.

Please make sure you are providing correct credentials related to you your production box.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys