question

saurabh-jain7470 avatar image
saurabh-jain7470 asked Phong Vu commented

Increase file attachment size limit

I have a premium account and we have integrated your API with our software we need to increase the 20MB limit to 50MB limit on fax as we have to send bulk faxes on a daily basis.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
This particular request is a general feature (vs. a developer-specific feature) and is being tracked on our general Community at the link below. A number of people asking for this enhancement already so please provide your feedback / vote on this feature there.

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/fax-increase-file-attachment-size-limit

The 20 MB limit is mentioned in some of our KB articles:

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered hakki-isik13371 commented
Hi Saurabh,

Unfortunately, the max fax attachment size is not configurable. The max size is 20MB for all plans.

+ Phong
2 comments
1 |3000

sandy-durst11934 avatar image sandy-durst11934 commented ·
Why the limit? I'm tired of not being able to send the faxes I need to and may need to seek an alternate service.
1 Like 1 ·
hakki-isik13371 avatar image hakki-isik13371 commented ·
This limit is also causing issues with us. Can the limit be removed or increased?
1 Like 1 ·
One Kill avatar image
One Kill answered Phong Vu commented

Hey. Late answer, but-

I came here from Discord. Without a paid plan, it's 8 mb. You can't even share videos longer than a minute due to the file limit. Lol, maybe use a file sharing service and send your faxes through links? @sandy-durst

Thanks.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The question is about fax attachments. And you are talking about sharing video longer than a min? What is your point?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys