question

sal-dashyan12945 avatar image
sal-dashyan12945 asked sal-dashyan12945 edited

RingCentral Embeddable SMS pass the " Message" after click , can it be done?

RingCentral Embeddable SMS pass the " Message" as well after the click, can it be done?

<a href="sms://+12121231234?body=Test Message Text">Send a SMS message</a>

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered
Hi, Sal. This feature hasn't been supported in RingCentral Embeddable. But it is a great idea, and not hard to implement.  I have created a issue in here and add it to our backlog.   https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-embeddable/issues/168
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered
Hi, Sal. We have supported this feature in master branch release. You can try it in the bottom of here  https://ringcentral.github.io/ringcentral-embeddable/  It supports to pass message text by 'sms:+1234567890?text=test_content' or use Go to SMS api.
1 |3000

sal-dashyan12945 answered sal-dashyan12945 commented
Thanks, for the help. I was able to pass the " text".

There is any way to make it send the "text" automatically without pressing the " send " button on the widget? like when you click to "call" its automatically dial for you.
9 comments
1 |3000

Embbnux Ji avatar image Embbnux Ji commented ·
Hi, Sal. Thanks for your feedback.  For auto sent sms, I will check it with our PM. We need to make sure if it is safe
0 Likes 0 ·
sal-dashyan12945 avatar image sal-dashyan12945 commented ·
any update?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi, Sal, I checked with team. there is potential secure problem if we support auto send. For call, user can still cancel the call. But sms can't be canceled. We need user's confirm before sending SMS
0 Likes 0 ·
sal-dashyan12945 avatar image sal-dashyan12945 commented ·
did there was a recent update the changed the code:  ?test  to ?body
'sms:+1234567890?text=test_content'

to:

'sms:+1234567890?body=test_content'

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi, Sal, we updated it to 'body' recently, but 'text' is still supported. 'body' is more standard.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
sal-dashyan12945 answered Embbnux Ji commented

As of 04/12/2021,

this Html code stop working. any update to the code?

simple <a href="sms:+1234567890?body=test_body">sms:+1234567890</a> is not working

any solution?

1 comment
1 |3000

Hi Sal, can you help to test directly at this page's c2d section https://ringcentral.github.io/ringcentral-embeddable/
Actually, when I test at my side, it works well, and we doesn't have any update at the feature.
And can you help to provide the URI that you use to embed the app, and provide some logs or screenshot, and browser version to help us track the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
sal-dashyan12945 answered

any update?

1 |3000

Embbnux Ji avatar image
Embbnux Ji answered

@sal-dashyan can you test directly at this page's c2d section https://ringcentral.github.io/ringcentral-embeddable/
Actually, we doesn't have any update at the feature.
And can you help to provide the URI that you use to embed the app, and provide some logs or screenshot, and browser version to help us track the issue.

1 |3000

sal-dashyan12945 answered sal-dashyan12945 edited

Thank you,

it was something to do with HTTPS, the page that I was working on was on non-secure ( HTTP) page.

and i guess it didn't play well, the embedded ring central App wasn't loading on HTTP, only on HTTPS.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys