question

chakradar-raju12876 avatar image
chakradar-raju12876 asked chakradar-raju12876 commented

How do I get a call with recording to test my download recording API?

I tried calling main company and dialled 101 extension number which is assigned to me, I've also saved my mobile number in ringcentral, call is not getting forwarded to the number.

I'm using Linux so there is no supported soft phone for my computer.

I tried installing ringcentral phone android app and it is not letting me login with my devtest account.

I also tried installing ringcentral for google chrome extension, it is trying to launch ringcentral desktop app using "rcmobile://call?number=%2B16508635266" which is not available for linux, in "My Ringcentral Phone" calling mode it says "Cannot connect due to internal error" and I don't see any errors in console.

How do I get a call with a recording in call log?

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered chakradar-raju12876 commented
You can try RingCentral for Chrome extension which should work on Linux.
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chakradar-raju12876 avatar image chakradar-raju12876 commented ·
I tried chrome extension,
"I also tried installing ringcentral for google chrome extension, it is trying to launch ringcentral desktop app using "rcmobile://call?number=%2B16508635266" which is not available for linux, in "My Ringcentral Phone" calling mode it says "Cannot connect due to internal error" and I don't see any errors in console."
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Do you have a mobile device? You can try to make a call using the RingCentral mobile app. Let me know if there are still issues.
0 Likes 0 ·
chakradar-raju12876 avatar image chakradar-raju12876 commented ·
I tried mobile app too,
"I tried installing ringcentral phone android app and it is not letting me login with my devtest account."

When I try to login this is the exact message I see: "We're sorry, you don't have sufficient permissions to use this app. Please contact your account administrator."
0 Likes 0 ·
I found this  https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/adding-call-logs-to-sandbox

But I don't think it can resolve your issue since you only have Linux laptop.
0 Likes 0 ·
There is one more thing you can try:  https://ringcentral.github.io/ringcentral-embeddable/#

Pay attention to " Click  here to set this widget's appKey, appSecret and AppServer in local. Enable and save." on that page.

You can set everything to sandbox env and start using it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys