question

alex-desrosiers avatar image
alex-desrosiers asked Tyler Liu answered

APP - SMS Python - Sending From Different Phone Numbers

Hi,

I'm making a script to send SMS using the developper APP api.

Currently, im able to send SMS with it and i got it in "Production" and it work fine.

My issue is that it only use the Main Account Admin Phone Number. Its like that by default.

What i'd like to do is to send sms using any of my ring central number. (I've around 20 of them currently assign to my caller)

How can i do that? Send SMS via my script/app but whit a different number?

Thanks,

Alex

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

atari800xl11757 avatar image
atari800xl11757 answered alex-desrosiers commented
You could use Zapier. I know, lame response. We automate texts from each of our users accounts, each has to be set up in a separate zap in Zapier. Only thing is, if you have a phone tree like we do, you're unable to send from main number in Zapier. I have the opposite problem!
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

alex-desrosiers avatar image alex-desrosiers commented ·
I tried working whit Zapier in the past and had to give up on that option because it was not consistent. Sometime it was executing on the trigger that we had set and sometime it was not or it was skipping data. And we dont want to dont know who have been text and who hasnt. It cannot be random you know.. Thanks for your answer tho :) 
1 Like 1 ·
And im basicly coding what zapier could've automated. At least my code will be executed how i want and i'll know if data has been skipped or wtv. So if i can fix this small problem, it'll be perfect and precise!
1 Like 1 ·
atari800xl11757 avatar image atari800xl11757 commented ·
What trigger were you using in Zapier? I've been using http post triggers with a catch hook in Zapier which has been working very well.
0 Likes 0 ·
Excel sheet row modification. It might be a communication problem between Zapier and Google Spreadsheet. Anyways, im not trying to work whit Zapier and my problem isnt really related to the execution/trigger of the request.Even if i'd use Zapier, i would'nt be able to text form different number. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
You can specify the "from" parameter when sending an SMS. But you cannot just specify whatever number. You should check /restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/phone-number for numbers available for you to send SMS.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
And you can login each extension to send SMS, of course.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys