question

nibu-eapen10876 avatar image
nibu-eapen10876 asked Phong Vu answered

Exception: Parameter [nickName] value is invalid

I'm keep getting this error. I tried all possible values.

Exception: Parameter [nickName] value is invalid  SDK HTTP Error at https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/address-book/contact/  Response text: {    "errorCode" : "InvalidParameter",    "message" : "Parameter [nickName] value is invalid",    "errors" : [ {      "errorCode" : "CMN-101",      "message" : "Parameter [nickName] value is invalid",      "parameterName" : "nickName"    } ],    "parameterName" : "nickName"  }

errors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Nibu,

How do you call that endpoint and did you call the API without any parameter? Can you just quickly test that with the API Explorer to see if you get the same error. Please try and let me know to further investigate your problem.

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys