question

global-it-api7890 avatar image
global-it-api7890 asked Anirban answered

How to read call log legs

Hello Everyone,

I am able to use RingCentral's GitHub examples in C# from ringcentral-csharp-client-master. But I am still struggling with it.

But as of now I can get Inbound calls using:

ExtensionCallLogResponse callLogsInBound = await mainAccount.CallLog().List(new { dateFrom = monday.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd"), dateTo = monday.AddDays(5), view = "Detailed", direction = "Inbound" });  

How do I read the Legs of the call so I can track the call and who eventually answered the call?

call logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered
The easiest way to understand the call log flow via APIs is by logging in to service.ringcentral.com -> User - > Call log  - > Detailed 

Find the call log record that you want to understand. The first line for that call shows the end to end call. But subsequent legs show how the call was processed ,  read it via top down. Each subsequent line is a leg in the API response as well. 

To understand the Call-logs in the online portal further , you can call RC tech support/ customer support or your account manager , they can provide you further insight on understanding call-log. 

If you need further info on this let us know. 

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Ramos avatar image
Joe Ramos answered

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am struggling with the same thing. At the end of the day, I need to have the ToPhoneNUmber and ToName of the end user the inbound call went to. The first line often times just has the receptionist.

1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

You can also check logs through the API in detailed

/call-log/?view=detailed

Then you can proceed to the actual details you want, most often the first line of the log may have it

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys