News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Can customer call us from web page?
Tags: ringcentral app
Mar 5, 2024 at 5:24am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Jacob Gur

I have the following business problem: A customer wants to call us to speak, but is either international in which case it's expensive for them, or we want to do a screenshare or video call.

One option could be to join a meeting (either RingCentral, Teams, etc). However, we don't know when they're going to call and don't want to leave an open meeting indefinitely. Also, it would be great to know from any device we're on when they join, with a notification.

WhatsApp sort of accomplishes this, but that is tied to a personal #, and doesn't do screensharing. Is there a way that RingCentral can allow the user to call us from a web page (but not RingMe which just calls them on their phone), or that RingCentral Meeting can allow a personal meeting link whereby when the user joins it alerts us to join too?

2 Answers
answered on Apr 13, 2024 at 2:13pm  

Both RingCentral Meetings and RingCentral Video (as RCM is deprecated unless you are grandfathered in) have Personal Meeting IDs configurable in the user's extension setting within the RC portal(RCM=10 digits, RCV=12 digits).

You can set the PMI to allow guests to join before host, meaning the room is always on. When someone joins your room and you are not already in it, you will receive an email advising John Smith just joined your room.

Lastly, you can also set up a waiting room for everyone, anyone outside your company, or anyone not logged in.

answered on Apr 6, 2024 at 12:34pm  

use RingMe
https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/How-to-setup-a-Ring-Me-button-on-my-page.html?brand=RC_US&product=RingEX&language=en_US

on Apr 7, 2024 at 9:06am   •  0 likes

for some reason RC community messes up links including the & [Ampersand] sign. It squeezes in an extra "amp;" in the link. They need to fix it.

Same link but removing the "amp;" so it works
https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/How-to-setup-a-Ring-Me-button-on-my-page.html?brand=RC_US&product=RingEX&language=en_US

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us