News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Setting up site manager
Tags: call logs, user hours
Jan 5, 2024 at 2:07pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Shawn Holderfield

How can I create a user that has the ability to check voicemails and view call logs of all users that belong to a site?

1 Answer
answered on Jan 5, 2024 at 2:33pm  

in the Admin Portal go to Users > click on the user you want to be a manager > User Details > Settings & Permissions > Roles > Edit

Select Role: Manager.
Select domain: Sites
Select which sites that user extension will manage.

For the manager to check voicemails they need to log in the admin portal > Users > click on the Msg column displaying how many voicemails a user ext. has. For example it could say 2/3 meaning 2 unread voicemails from a total of 3 voicemails received. If it says 0/0 you won't be able to click it, because there are no voicemails to check. Before a Manager can listen to the voicemails they will need to enter the password for the given extension. This means that the Manager must know the passwords for all the user extensions they manage. If this is not practical for you, here is an alternative:
Instead of the manager checking the voicemails in the admin portal, you could set the manager to receive an email notification + mp3 attachment each time somebody receives a voicemail.

In terms of checking call logs, the manager has 2 options:

- Admin Portal > Reports > Call logs
or
- Admin Portal > Reports > Analytics
In most cases Analytics is better in terms of flexibility and user interface

I answered to the best of my abilities :D Comment if you have any related questions and I'll try to help.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us