question

Susan Pieroni avatar image
Susan Pieroni asked Susan Pieroni commented

Troubleshoot "Not Connected" Outbound Calls

The Detailed Call Log for a particular user is averaging a higher percentage of "Not Connected" calls than others on the team. What are the best reports/logs that we can look at to give us some insight? Calls are placed using the mobile app.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

call logsmobile
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome avatar image Welcome commented ·

I don't have any "Not Connected" calls in the Admin Portal > Reports > Call log...

I would have a different user dial the same number to see if it is reproducible on their end, in other words to confirm whether 1 specific user is affected or if it is the same behavior for all users. It might be just a coincidence that 1 user has more "Not Connected" than the rest.

btw I am guessing "Not Connected" only refers to Outgoing calls? Does it consistently not connect? or is it successful when they try to redial the same number?

Has this user tried the desktop app? If it connects the calls through the desktop app you can narrow it down to the mobile app or the mobile device.

Last option would be to contact support and see if they see anything unusual on the back end. This wouldn't be useful if it is an issue with the mobile device/ mobile network.

0 Likes 0 ·
Susan Pieroni avatar image Susan Pieroni commented ·

Sorry I should have stated that these are only outbound calls. The user states the number has to be dialed twice. The first one normally fails but states the second one goes through; however, I am not seeing a second call on any reports. The Performance Report shows 88 outbound calls but only five minutes of total handle time which seems strange.

I'll have the user try the desktop app and see if the reporting clears up.

Thank you for your suggestion.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app