News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Number of rings in call handling issue
Tags: call queues
Aug 29, 2023 at 11:40am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Candy Quiroz

Hi, i set up my call handling in my call queue to Sequential. I have 5 members. I set the "Number of rings before trying next member" to 1 minute (12 rings) however it only rings for 6 rings (30 seconds) before it goes to the next member. I also checked the "maximum caller wait time in queue" to 2 mins and same issue. I even tried 2 mins (24 rings) and still, only rings for 6 rings (30 seconds) before going to the next member. This occurs for all the 5 members. Am I missing a step? I also make sure to save any changes.

on Aug 30, 2023 at 9:24am   •  0 likes

@Welcome 01 Thank you so much. I will troubleshoot with your suggestions. Thanks for your help.

on Aug 29, 2023 at 4:16pm   •  0 likes

Sounds like you are doing everything right. I have several ideas you can test:
1. Recently RC released new call handling for users, so this might be having some unexpected side effects for call queues. I don't really know. You can test changing the ringing time for users to 60 seconds. Normally this should affect calls to the direct number and not call queue calls, but maybe it is something that needs to be fixed with the new release. The pathway is
User > click on User > Phone > Call rules & Voicemail > Incoming Calls > Ring settings

2. You can try to create a new call queue with the same users. This could help if the original call queue is somehow glitched.

3. if nothing works, you can attach screenshots here of the Call queue settings (working hours and wait settings) or contact support

4. Judging from what you have said the following is unlikely but it is also something that would be difficult for us to diagnose without looking at your account - and that is if you have set incorrect call handling. for example if the call is not hitting the queue at all, but is going to a ring group. or if you have custom rules, overriding the sequential call handling you have set, etc. Again it might be worth it to reach out to support.

on Aug 30, 2023 at 8:07am   •  0 likes

Thanks for the recommendations, @Welcome 01!
@Candy Quiroz, you may submit a ticket at https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us