News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
I am not able to start the automatic call recording in my RingCentral app even after graduation, please let me know if there is still something I am missing.
Tags: call recording
Aug 16, 2023 at 3:31am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Rory O'Doherty

Hi all just as the title says,

I am not able to start the automatic call recording in my RingCentral app even after graduation i do not know if there is some access issue or not.

My Client ID = 3tpLCN41PTabeX6Yj6Tzz9

i also tried using an api for that but still got no clue.

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/telephony/sessions/telephonySessionId/parties/partyId/recordings
1 Answer
answered on Aug 16, 2023 at 7:00am  

Read this article and make sure that you are doing the right setup and call the API with the right parameters.

If that doe not help, you have to explain how you detect a call and how you call the API and when you say that it does not work, what is the error message?

on Aug 16, 2023 at 9:38pm   •  0 likes

Hi, so what I am doing is i am listening the webhook when the call is made and when answered I am starting the automatic call recording API but I am getting the error code "403 forbidden" then to get the recordings i have to manually start the call recording.

Also i am not able to see the automatic call recording option in admin portal even after graduating my app.
1692252939871.png

on Aug 17, 2023 at 6:37am   •  0 likes

Did you double check this important requirement I mentioned in the blog?

It’s worth mentioning that you can only record your own phone calls, a call in which you are one of the call parties. This means that you must authenticate your app using the login credentials of a user whose phone call will be recorded.

If you believe that everything you do is correct, then submit a dev support ticket to have an expert checking your account.

on Aug 17, 2023 at 7:10pm   •  0 likes

Ok thanks a lot.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us