News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Not receiving webhook notifications
Tags: notifications, call recording, call logs
Aug 15, 2023 at 4:14pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Alex Lin

Hi all,

We have developed a solution that receives webhook notification during calls. Our solution graduated from the Sandbox environment and is in working correctly in the production environment.

However, when I run our solution in our customer's sandbox environment, I am able to see the extension which I am interested in getting the call notifications, but we are not getting any notifications during calls. I suspect something is not configured correctly in the production environment, but what's the right way to troubleshoot this? I am not able to login as an administrator since this is not our account.

Thank you

on Aug 16, 2023 at 6:54am   •  0 likes

Give more details about which event filter(s) do you subscribe for and what is the role of the user who authenticated app. Also what are those events during the call do you think that are missing?

on Sep 11, 2023 at 3:09pm   •  0 likes

Hi Phong,

The event filter we use is

eventFilters = new[] { "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true" },

We are using JWT authentication, and the user that created the JWT password for us is a "Super Admin". However, that user only have a VideoPro license (not a paid license). Can that be an issue?

When a call starts, we expect to receive "Ring" then "Connected" events. At this time, we are not getting event at all.

on Sep 11, 2023 at 4:08pm   •  0 likes

The issue might be related to the fact that you are subscribing to an extension level event. Meaning you will receive events only for presence events relating to the Super Admin user you refer to. I think you need to subscribe to this event instead:

/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/presence

See: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Account-Presence-Event

on Sep 12, 2023 at 12:26pm   •  0 likes

Hi Byrne,

I was using the "Detailed Extension Presence Event"

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Detailed-Extension-Presence-Event

When I use the following event filter, does it mean that I am monitoring all the extensions? (I am under the impression that squiggle line means all the accounts and all the extensions on the system)

eventFilters = new[] { "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true" },

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us