News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Trying to customize meeting invites - can't find User Extensions mentioned in the help article
Tags: meetings
Jul 27, 2023 at 2:31pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Jennifer Yang

Hello,

New to RingCentral.

I'm trying to change the meeting invite template for Outlook. This article seems to be the one. However, I don't see the User Extension Settings the article is talking about. Where is that? I'm logged into Admin Portal. I also looked around the app. I logged into the app through the browser, so it should be up to date. Is the article outdated? It shows as it's published Feb 2023, not that long ago.

Thank you!

--J

1 Answer
answered on Jul 27, 2023 at 3:09pm  

RingCentral Meetings is a different product from the RingCentral Desktop app you are using.When you are using the desktop app you are using RingCentral Video (not Meetings!). That's why the article isn't helping you. I don't think the functionality you want exists in the RC Desktop app, but there might be something good enough in Outlook. When you try to schedule a meeting from the Desktop app it redirects you to outlook. On the top right corner you have 3 dots ... if you click on them you should see "My Templates"
(If you want to insert emojis in a template use Windows key + . (a dot), since there doesn't seem to be a button to add emojis)

image-2.png1690495471072.png

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us