News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Clarity of my mic
Tags: phone
Jul 21, 2023 at 3:41pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Les Radford

I'm a remote call center agent for a remodeling company! I have my router on my desk so I can use an ethernet cable I turned off the WiFi I've tried using a Jabra Evolve 2/30 and still I've had to call a customer back on my personal cell phone I went and bought a Logitech Zone wired 750 still bad clarity! Can I hook up a regular desk phone at home instead of using a headset I just have to make sure my call time is still being logged through RC that's the way my hours are tracked.1. Reorganize the sentences to make the text more concise and easier to read. For example, instead of starting with "I'm a remote call center agent for a remodeling company," try starting with "I'm having difficulty with my current setup for taking customer calls from home."

2. Provide more context about the specific issues the agent is facing with their current setup. This will help the reader better understand the problem and provide more targeted solutions. For example, instead of just mentioning "bad clarity," try providing more information about the specific issues with sound quality.

3. Offer specific suggestions for alternative setups that the agent could try, based on their needs and preferences. This could include recommendations for different types of headsets or desk phones, as well as information about how to ensure that all times are still being logged through RC.

on Jul 21, 2023 at 7:38pm   •  0 likes

maybe it is not the mic. Try recording something on sites like vocaroo.com and see if it records your audio properly.
Are you using VPN?

on Jul 22, 2023 at 9:14am   •  0 likes

Thank you for your response! I check the clarity on the link you provided it was clear?

on Jul 22, 2023 at 9:18am   •  0 likes

how do I check the VPN?

on Jul 22, 2023 at 11:02am   •  0 likes

You should be able to disconnect or pause the VPN.
Try making calls while you are not connected to the VPN, and see if the issue is still there.

If the issue is gone, we know it has to do with VPN. I am not sure what you can do to resolve this, but somebody could know (or we could check google).

If the issue is still there, after disconnecting the VPN - then it's probably your internet, but I am willing to bet more on it being a VPN issue.

For now the most important thing is to narrow down the cause, later we can also try to find a solution.

on Jul 22, 2023 at 11:30am   •  0 likes

thank you so much Can I go old school and buy a desk phone to make outbound calls from home I have very fast internet I'm using an ethernet cable

on Jul 22, 2023 at 11:56am   •  0 likes

Yes, if you are buying a deskphone, you might want to look for a supported deskphone, since those are easier to set up. Check out this support article.

List of supported deskphones

At the very top you can select between different deskphone models which are supported, for example Avaya, Poly, Yealink and others.

An alternative free solution for you would be to use the RingCentral mobile app. You would still be able to differentiate if somebody is calling your mobile number or your ringcentral number.
At the very least you can try using the mobile app, and if you feel it is not the right solution for you, then you could start looking for a deskphone to buy.. at least this is what I would do, mainly because I don't want to additionally clutter my desk, but you would also save a bit of money and you can carry the app wherever you go.

on Jul 23, 2023 at 8:32am   •  0 likes

Thank you kindly, I had mentioned that I work from home. At the company, I'm an independent contractor The way they count our hours is from the time an agent is on the phone I guess they call it Ring Central Time stamped? Is there a way I can see the hours worked on my end?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us