News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Dialed Digits are repeating when dialed from Desktop APP
Tags: ringcentral app
Jul 12, 2023 at 5:06am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Mike Schimento

When talking to clients we use a recording service, the agent calls the client, then merges them with the recording service.

While merging the calls a code has to be put in (claim #) so that the recording can be pulled up at a later date.

I have 1 (all other agents have no trouble) agent that has an issue with the code, when she types it in via the dial pad or using the numbers on her keyboard the numbers duplicate.

No trouble with placing calls otherwise

EX: she dials 12345, but it registers as 1122334455

therefore the code is rejected because it is too many digits.

Has anyone seen this issue before, if so, what was the resolution?

Maybe RingCentral is not the issue, but if I report the trouble to the Recording Company I can tell them I already researched the RingCentral side

1 Answer
answered on Jul 12, 2023 at 1:39pm  

normally I would suspect a keyboard issue, but the agent should have noticed this issue in other apps and other parts of her work... Still I would have them test inputting the code in different ways:

-using the numbers above the letters on the keyboard
-using the numbers on the numpad on the right side of the keyboard
-in the app opening the dial pad and clicking on the numbers with the mouse

I would also try to reproduce the issue outside of RingCentral and outside of the recording service. Meaning try to see if there are some other apps on her computer that also double digits (e.g. Notepad, Word, Excel, Browser, any place you can input text)

As a temporary workaround I think using the mouse and clicking on the dialpad or deleting 1 digit after each key press on the keyboard would work.

on Aug 1, 2023 at 8:28am   •  0 likes

Thank you for the reply, a few of your suggestions we have tried already, my next step is to go to the vendor of the call recording system we use.

we have a couple hundred users that record calls with this same scenario, no one else has any problems.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us