News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Unmute/start video
Tags: video
Jun 19, 2023 at 8:15am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Doctor Curry

This may seem like a minor issue but our providers waste hundreds of minutes a month explaining to patients who aren't that tech savvy how to unmute themselves and start their video. Sometimes it can take 5 minutes which is very frustrating. Any solutions for this?

on Jun 19, 2023 at 12:30pm   •  1 likes

Hi Doctor Curry,
I am first double checking to confirm I understood the issue.
Start video = start screen sharing?
Unmute = actually unmuting or connecting audio to meeting??

1. Your employees need to know what the patients sees when they join the meeting. Only in this way they can guide the patients most quickly. For example if your employees are using the app, they might be unaware that patients joining through a browser would get a browser pop-up asking them to allow screen sharing. (I've attached a picture, where I've clicked on the drop-down menu).. only after that can they go ahead with the normal process of starting screen sharing.
capture.jpg2. if the issue is unmuting.. I am assuming your employees are the ones creating the meetings and as such they have access to unmute other participants in the meeting. Your employees can click on the button participants and mute/unmute the patients from there.
2. if the issue is connecting audio. again I would encourage you to have your employees see what it is to be on the receiving end. (This means instead of joining a meeting through the app they should join a meeting through the website v.ringcentral.com)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us