question

shane-rhoden avatar image
shane-rhoden asked ·

Incoming call / open chrome / search CRM

Hey! My name is Shane! I've been needing help setting up my RingCentral desktop app (Mac) to open Chrome and then search my CRM for the number calling. Using the "execute commend" under settings in RingCentral desktop (Mac) I can get it to open Chrome using the following command:

open "/Applications/Google Chrome.app"

And I can successfully open my CRM (HubSpot) and search my contacts for the caller number using this command:

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/4253985/contacts/list/view/all/?query=%P

But I cannot do both. What I need to do is combined these two commands into one, but I do not know how to do that. Can anyone help me? Thank you so much!
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hey Shane! I'm going to move your question over to our Developers Community. They may be able to better assist you :)
1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

No luck yet. How can I get help with this issue? The folks at tech support know very little to nothing on this topic. Thank you so much!
0 Likes 0 · ·
bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
Shane, this may help with some command line switches you can try:  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/open-specific-app-and-pass-it-a-url-on-incoming...

shane-rhoden answered ·
Hey Brandon,

I've actually already read this article. Rather it's not working or I'm not doing something right. Can someone help me combining those two commands?

Thank you so much!

Shane
1 comment Share

I'll play around with it and see if I can help.  I also use a Mac and Hubspot.  I normally use Safari these days, but let me see if I can make it work to not.
0 Likes 0 · ·
shane-rhoden answered ·
Thank you so much! I appreciate you!
1 comment Share

Try using this string:

open "-a"  "Google Chrome" "-g" " https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/4253985/contacts/list/view/all/?query=%P"

0 Likes 0 · ·
shane-rhoden answered ·
Brandon! Thank you SO SO SO much! It worked! I've been trying to figure that out for weeks. You are awesome! Is there anything I can do  to show my gradiude?

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
No worries.  I am glad to hear it worked. Enjoy.

shane-rhoden answered ·
Hey Brandon! I have a question. I'm using the code you sent me. It is working, but I'm having a small error. When the call comes in, it opens two browser windows in Chrome for the one call. It did this before with my old code as well. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you so much!
1 comment Share

I am not sure what would cause that.  It does not do that for me.  Maybe it has something to do with browser settings?
0 Likes 0 · ·
shane-rhoden answered ·
Here is the strange part, when I click the test button it doesnt open two tabs. It only does it when I receive a call. Maybe its my call que settings? What are you thoughts?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.