question

john11064 avatar image
john11064 asked Phong Vu answered

Are there Apis that allow receiving telephony events(ring, answer, hangup, etc.) in real-time?

The ring central soft phone partially provides such a feature for 3rd party apps but I want to see the events for physical phones in a given Ring Central account.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey John, I'm going to move this over to our Developers Community who may have the answer :)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi John,

The answer is yes. You can use the company or the user presence push notification to get real time changes of the telephony status.

This tutorial is showing how to get notified when there is a call recording using the presence push notification. You can use the same status changed sequence to determine ringing, answer and hangup.

Let me know if you want some sample code in other languages.

+ Phong
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys