News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Softphone with sandbox not ringing on calls
Tags: phone not ringing, ringout
Apr 17, 2023 at 2:28am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Abubakar Soomro

Hi,

I'm new to ringcentral, to testout the softphone with ringcentral sandbox credentials, I tried calling my ringcentral phone number +16502420059 using another phone number, but the softphone doesn't ring at all and the call goes to missed calls with voice note.

1 Answer
answered on Apr 17, 2023 at 7:14am  

Did you try the RC app for sandbox? Could you make an outbound call from your number?

on Apr 17, 2023 at 8:10am   •  0 likes

yes I tried using RC Phone desktop app for windows, I logged in using the sandbox credentials. But I never receive a call, all calls just directly go into missed call section.
As for outbound call It shows call status success and

"result" : "Call connected" ,

on Apr 17, 2023 at 9:00am   •  0 likes

Having a look at your sandbox call log, it seems you try to call from an international number +31, which is not supported in sandbox environment.

Your sandbox account is in the U.S and you can only test between U.S numbers. You can login your sandbox account admin portal and add another user, add a direct number for that user and do test call between the users' phone numbers.

on Apr 26, 2023 at 4:02am   •  0 likes

image-2023-04-26t11-00-54-228z.pngI have tried calling my ringcentral number from other ringcentral sandbox account with US number +16503514575 but still not receiving the incoming call. After 31 seconds it goes into missed call section.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us