News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Retrieving Reaction Data in RingCentral Team Messaging API
Tags: ringcentral app, rest api
Apr 9, 2023 at 3:58pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Aleksandar Kovacevic

Hello,

We are currently working on a project that involves implementing reactions in RingCentral Team Messaging. I have been using the API to fetch message data, but I noticed that the API response does not include any information about message reactions.

I could not find any information about reactions in the API response or the reference documentation. I noticed there is a field named `iconEmoji` in the API reference, but I am unsure if it is related to reactions.

My questions are:

Is the `iconEmoji` field related to message reactions in any way?

Is there an endpoint or method in the RingCentral API to retrieve reaction data for messages in team messaging?

If the API does not currently support reactions, do you have any plans to add support for them in the future?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or insights you can provide on this matter.

Thank you.

1 Answer
answered on Apr 10, 2023 at 8:25am  

Unfortunately, the reaction and many other data are not accessible via the Team Messaging API. It was planed long time ago but has not been implemented since. Let me take this as an opportunity to revisit the plan with the platform team.

on Apr 12, 2023 at 2:14am   •  1 likes

Thank you for the response. We would like to know what the further plans are for supporting this feature. Please let us know if you obtain any information regarding this matter.

Thanks!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us