News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Audit Trail - Unauthorized User Attempt
Tags: activity log, log in, admin portal
Mar 27, 2023 at 7:51am   •   0 replies  •  0 likes
Susan Pieroni

For the past several weeks I have seen an uptick in unauthorized login attempts using our Admin account. Previously the attempts were using published numbers but now I am seeing numbers that are not published and Internet searches come up empty. I know that attempting to hack into accounts is an all day every day thing regardless of what application but was hoping there was something that RingCentral could do to block bad actors.

When I reached out to support and posed the question of blocking IP addresses within their network I was advised that I would need my network team to create blocks within our firewall. Obviously this doesn't make sense since RingCentral can be accessed from anywhere.

I am curious as to how other members of the community are addressing unauthorized login attempts.

Thank you

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us