News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Adding a second IVR and routing
Tags: call handling, ivr
Mar 22, 2023 at 6:31pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Thomas Przybylak
Hello,

We need to add a second toll-free number to our company, and have a second IVR setup that will route this toll free number to five new phone numbers. I need these 5 new numbers to be second numbers on existing user phones.

Envision running a parallel company with the same employees where depending on which toll free number is called, the person answering will know to say "thanks for calling company a" or "thanks for calling company b"

Can this be done? It looks like IVRs are only routing to extensions - so can second extensions be put on phones? I can't imagine I have to have two phones but I can't get this figured out and I've had a case open for 3 weeks with ringcentral and can't get help from them - and my account rep is MIA.
Thanks
on Mar 23, 2023 at 1:17pm   •  1 likes

Sounds like you are looking at a 'Multi site' configuraton, but it could be done with Call Queues as well.

You wouldnt need two extensions on one phone - just the IVR to direct the caller to which department/function.
In the Call queue set up - there's an option to change the CallerID to the incoming type/number/quque name - so you'd see which path the caller has taken to reach you.

1679602273446.png

Each incoming phone number can be set to go to a specific IVR / call queue

1679602419987.png

it's a bit hidden, but you can make Custom rules/routing from the IVR

1679602606938.png

If you set up the RC account as a Single Site - I will say that you should make a hard copy of all the settings - they don't tell you to set up as a Multi-site, and changing over from Single/Multi will wipe out your IVR settings.

That sound like what you were asking?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us