question

vanillasoft-2656 avatar image
vanillasoft-2656 asked matt-spinks2179 commented

Authorize URI for Different Users, Same Browser

I have integrated the RingCentral 3-legged OAuth flow in my application, but I am facing a problem. I am using the Official C# SDK.

1. UserA is asked to enter his credentials in a RingCentral branded pop-up window.

2. UserA is asked to Authorize the application.

3. UserA is authenticated.

4. When user logs out of my application, I call Platform.Logout().

5. UserB logs into my application, and initiate the Authorization flow, instead of going to step1 above, my user is taken to step2.

If I realize step 5 using a different browser, the user goes to step1 as expected.

How can I "reset" that RingCentral authorization window, so it always ask for login/username ??

Thank you.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
You can try to delete browser cookies for *. ringcentral.com. It should help.
Can you do it programmatically after you call Logout?

Anton 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vanillasoft-2656 avatar image
vanillasoft-2656 answered
Hi.

I don't think it is possible to delete cookies for a different domain.

1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Are you destroying the session upon logout?
1 |3000

shawn8224 avatar image
shawn8224 answered
Is there any update on this? It doesn't look like it's possible to clear cookies for a different domain as they said. BTW, this is the same issue as this: RingCentral 3-Legged OAuth Does Not Prompt For Login Every Time -- and there's no solution there yet either
1 |3000

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
Shawn, there are the following options to solve this I assume.
  • To have an API which forces logout if there is an authenticated session so that next oauth/authorize call will show credentials prompt
  • To have a parameter in oauth/authorize call to force it showing credentials prompt regardless of authenticated session presence
  • To have UI option to confirm or logout current user as a part of regular oauth/authorize flow
Can you advise if you are looking for particular option or any of them will satisfy your needs?
1 |3000

matt-spinks2179 avatar image
matt-spinks2179 answered matt-spinks2179 commented
I'm trying to find a solution for the same issue. Any one of these options would do. Have any of these been implemented?
3 comments
1 |3000

matt-spinks2179 avatar image matt-spinks2179 commented ·
Using "force=true" in my param query did the trick. Thanks!
1 Like 1 ·
anton-nikitin avatar image anton-nikitin commented ·
We are working on implementation  to support such scenarios in a standard way. In the mean time try to use the following undocumented hack: add "force=true" parameter in query string when you call OAuth authorize. It will force logon screen to be shown every time.
0 Likes 0 ·
matt-spinks2179 avatar image matt-spinks2179 commented ·
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys