News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
TCR and Ring Central Support
Tags: sms and text messaging
Mar 10, 2023 at 2:06pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
David Schroeder

I don't understand how this can be so complicated and there is really no support from RC. I have been with RC for years and all you get are some brainless bots dating back to 1980. I text between employees and team members and respond to clients by text and not talking about more than 15000 and less than 15000. It's ridiculous. None of the options even apply to me, so I have no idea how to even fill these out and no support. They send you some sheets that I have already seen that do not apply to my business, Some clients don't want to be called and want texts. I am seriously going to see if there is a replacement for RC. Any one can recommend another company?

on Mar 10, 2023 at 2:11pm   •  0 likes

@David Schroeder I understand your frustration, but unfortunately, this is an industry-wide shift. If you move to another provider you will encounter the same requirements.
The FCC is requiring carriers (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) to register business SMS users...No matter the frequency, volume, or use case.
We are working with those carriers to ensure our customers are registered so they will not be blocked as spam.

I am happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have.
Please ask them here or in our Community Support email inbox - Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Mar 10, 2023 at 2:48pm   •  0 likes

Except you guys aren't actually doing anything - you just act like you are. My account rep has done nothing to help us. You asked me to email you, I don't get a response from you and SMS still doesn't work. Ring Central messed this up so bad our organization is actively looking at a replacement. Our ability to service our clients is completely crippled.

on Mar 10, 2023 at 2:50pm   •  0 likes

If we haven't gotten to your email, it's because our small team is working through many emails from customers.
Please be patient, as we are doing the best we can with the resources we have. There is still an outage that has nothing to do with your TCR registration. I'll do my best to escalate your specific email as I continue to triage and process.

on Mar 10, 2023 at 2:55pm   •  0 likes

Why is one small team responsible for this??? It's one of your core product services. It's not like RingCentral was caught off guard by the TCR application process....

Furthermore, I understand that the outage is not related to the TCR, but together they are damaging our business and reputation, and RingCentral doesn't seem to care much about it.

Even your incident report states "The next update will be provided in the morning of March 13th, or when there is a significant change in status."

Okay, so have fun taking the weekend off while we hope there is a significant change in status that forces an update. Meanwhile our business and customers are suffering and we're losing money every day.

on Mar 10, 2023 at 3:03pm   •  0 likes

We are only one of many teams working to support customers in the Community.
As I said, my Community team is doing the best we can to support your questions and give actionable help.
As I said, I will escalate your email as quickly as I can regarding TCR registration explicitly.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us