News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
*Ring Central Window Desktop Application & SMS Registry!
Tags: high-volume sms
Jan 11, 2023 at 1:38pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
David Hazen

I curranty have a ring central account and I use the window desktop App to bulk text my customers invitation to join our service list. I am aware that ring central will require all ring central users to register the phone number with the Registry. Will the Desktop Text feature continue to work the same. I am able to bulk text and blind copy my clients 10 at a time . Will Ring Central continue to support this app or will you for me to migrate over to your enhance texting program?

1 Answer
answered on Jan 11, 2023 at 2:14pm  

The good news is that doing TCR registration will not impact the functionality of the app or your existing services outside of possible rate limit changes (or how many and how quickly you can send SMS, depending on the trust score assigned to your business and campaign type selected). For most customers, any rate limit changes will not be noticeable.

TCR registration really just allows the carriers to know which numbers are yours, how you are using SMS, and how trustworthy your messages are on their network. It also helps them identify any malicious activity, and help prevent malicious actors from pretending to be your business.

Most customers will see no noticeable change to their service whatsoever, outside of seeing even greater message delivery/ less messages being marked as spam by the carriers.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us