News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Not able to send/receive text sms
Tags: sms and text messaging
Jan 3, 2023 at 12:06pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Amol Khedkar

Hello,

Happy New Year!

I am trying to send text sms from the desktop app and from mobile device but not able to send text sms and not receiving them as well. The + option for new texts is not visible on the desktop app, neither is the option to send a new text available in the drop-down options menu on the top-right.

I recently signed up with RingCentral on MVP plan.

Kindly advise. Two image files added for your kind reference.

Thank you

no new text button.jpgno new text option.jpg

2 Answers
answered on Jan 18, 2023 at 6:13am  

Hello Phong,

Hope you are doing well. It has been more than 10 days after submitting the TCR form, still have not received the access to text message feature. Kindly advise!

on Jan 18, 2023 at 7:41am   •  0 likes

Did you receive any email from RingCentral after submitting the form?

on Jan 18, 2023 at 8:17am   •  0 likes

A Case 17136023 was created and the technical team guided us to fill the TCR form. Form was completed and submitted on 4th Jan 2023. Another case 17176793 was created but no communication after that. I did send an email to Tech Support (techsupport@ringcentral.com) with the attached completed TCR registration form and requesting any updates. At present, awaiting response.

Kindly advise.

on Jan 18, 2023 at 11:27am   •  0 likes

I talked to the support team and they just sent you an update about the case.

on Jan 24, 2023 at 7:32am   •  0 likes

Hello Phong,

Is there any contact number I can call to be in touch with the support team. We have not heard back on an update yet and it is affecting our business. Kindly suggest

Thank you

on Jan 24, 2023 at 7:47am   •  1 likes

Let me ask the support team to give you some update directly here. Stay tuned.

on Jan 24, 2023 at 10:26am   •  0 likes

Checking with the team and it seems you submit the first ticket to the customer support channel, not the one I posted above. That is why the dev support team I talked to, could not update your case.

Anyway, What I heard from them is your TCR request was received and in the queue. The team is overwhelmed by a flood of TCR requests so a long delay is expected. Please be patient and I cannot do more to help right now.

on Jan 24, 2023 at 2:19pm   •  0 likes

Thank you for your support and suggestions. We will be patient and wait for the process to be completed. Thank you!

on Jan 19, 2023 at 10:43am   •  0 likes

Hello Phong,

After checking the email inbox, junk folder and spam - We were not able to see the status update email from the team. Can the email from your end be resend or is there any better way to complete the process. Kindly suggest, we are waiting on the update!

Thank you

on Jan 20, 2023 at 7:07am   •  0 likes

Hello Phong,

After checking the inbox, junk folder and spam. We have not received the status update so far. Awaiting the completion of the process. Kindly advise as RingCentral is an important part of our business.

Thank you

answered on Jan 3, 2023 at 12:44pm  

Please create a support ticket and someone will help you to register for TCR and enable SMS feature for your phone numbers. It is a new mobile carriers' requirement.

on Jan 3, 2023 at 3:55pm   •  0 likes

Thank you very much for your guidance and support!

Regards

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us