News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Red dot desktop notification not working
Tags: ringcentral app, notifications
Jan 3, 2023 at 10:00am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Susan Russ

I'm having an issue with the red dot that indicates an unread message on the desktop app icon in the Windows task bar.

The dot doesn't go away when I read all the unread messages, even if I click away after reading the last message. I have to close and re-open the RingCentral window every time I read a message in order for the red dot to clear. This does work every time - if I have no unread messages and the red dot is still there, it always clears when I close/reopen.

It never clears on its own. My app is up to date... Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

on Jan 3, 2023 at 2:03pm   •  0 likes

Hey, @Susan Russ Is there a chance that it could be an unread message in the Resource Center?
If not, I might recommend a troubleshooting call with Support to see if there is a bug that might need tending to.

on Jan 4, 2023 at 6:22am   •  0 likes

No it's not the resource center - the resource center has its own orange dot as well on the resources icon, and this dot clears as soon as I go through the resources tab. It doesn't affect the red dot on the main app icon, which still doesn't clear. So I should just call? It's such a little thing, do you have a report-a-bug page or something instead?

Thank you!

on Jan 4, 2023 at 8:33am   •  0 likes

You can report an issue via the app in the Resource Center in the section called "Feedback".

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us