News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How to share audio without having to share your screen?
Tags: video
Oct 24, 2022 at 10:32am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Group Sessions

We're trying to share audio for a dance coaching session. When we share audio, we have only the option to share our screen as well, which minimizes the coach's video. Is it possible to share only the audio? (Using RingCentral on the web browser (chrome, on a PC).

on Oct 24, 2022 at 4:40pm   •  1 likes

I couldn't find a way to share only audio/music files you play on PC while another person is already sharing their screen.

The only thing I could come up with is everybody joining 2 meetings simultaneously. First one where the coach is sharing. And the second one stays in the background and everybody is muted. Only when needed people would unmute themselves in the second meeting to share audio.

Or just share the audio files with the coach, so the coach plays them :?

If nobody else has a solution for this, you could give an example of what you are trying to play and how many people you expect to want to share their audio like this, so that we can figure out the best workaround for you?

on Oct 25, 2022 at 4:37pm   •  0 likes

To clarify, it's just one coach that is trying to share their audio. I've attached a screenshot to better show what the issue is:screen-shot-2022-10-25-at-43502-pm.png

on Oct 26, 2022 at 7:18am   •  1 likes

simplest workaround is to use the build-in video recorder (for Windows) instead of the ringcentral meeting recording. This is how it works.

1. Do everything the same as last time.
2. Maximize the coach's camera.
3. Windows Key + Alt + R.

You will see something like pic related appear in one of the corners (top right for me). And this records your screen along with all the computer audio. You can test it, I think it's very convenient.

recording-game-clip.jpgThere might be a solution using RC only, but I am not familiar with it, since it's also important that the recording has a maximized view of the coach's camera, while she is also sharing her screen.

on Nov 8, 2022 at 10:56am   •  0 likes

thank you for the suggestion! appreciate it.

i'm going to open a case with RC to see if they have a feature for this!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us