question

jim-reynolds avatar image
jim-reynolds asked Anirban answered

API to receive & interpret DTMF tones

We manage a field sales force. I'd like them to dial in at the end of the shift and press codes to indicate the tasks they have completed. Each task code would be 3 digits followed by the hash key. A shift might have as many as 6 tasks completed. That would mean 24 key presses.

I'd like the API to convert the DTMF tones to ASCII characters and send us the message content via any means (url, get/post, include in call log - it can be an email or text msg for all I care, just so long as we can interpret it) so we can handle it all with software from there. Is that feature available? If not, when will it become available?

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
Hi Jim,

We don't have this capability right now. The only way to do it may be to use WebRTC and capture the the DTMF via a JS hook.

As for a general feature, this is something that we are looking at and have an interest in building but don't have a specific date to provide yet.

Thanks,
John
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mathikumar C avatar image
Mathikumar C answered

Do have DTMF api now? Couldn't find it from RC api docs.

Could someone check and update?

Thanks

1 |3000

Khadhar Koneti avatar image
Khadhar Koneti answered
1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys