News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Is there an API to obtain call time and number of calls per user and queue?
Tags: call queues, call logs
Aug 23, 2022 at 10:00am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Diego Pastor

Good day everyone, the project on which i'm working wants to create a simple metrics dashboard per user, the idea is to obtain the talk time coming from a specific queue per each user and also the talk time for all calls received by the same user.

I looked at the call logs endpoint and using the legs I can determine who was the user who answered the call from a queue. For the total talk time, i call the call logs but pointing to the user extension.

The thing is that the call logs endpoint has a small rate limit, and i wanted to know if there's a better approach to handle this requirement

1 Answer
answered on Aug 23, 2022 at 5:19pm  

Unfortunately, there is no API to obtain those call metrics. The Analytics API provides only aggregated data, and the Call Logs API is a call history which is not meant for detailed analytics.

If you are interested, you can implement your own app to calculate those metrics from real-time call data. Read this article to learn how to use the telephony session event notification to generate own call data.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us