News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Service unavailable popup in ringcentral phone app
Tags: ringcentral app
Aug 17, 2022 at 3:24am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Rahul Bhandari

Not able to login ringcentral phone app for windows as it keeps giving "Service unavailable " popupringcentral_popup.PNG

on Aug 17, 2022 at 4:56am   •  0 likes

Are you on the sandbox mode or on the production mode?

on Aug 17, 2022 at 4:57am   •  0 likes

sandbox mode

on Aug 17, 2022 at 5:53am   •  0 likes

I just login my sandbox successfully. Can you login the app.devtest.ringcentral.com?

on Aug 17, 2022 at 6:16am   •  0 likes

I was able to login app.devtest.ringcentral.com, but phone app still has same issue. Also i am not able to add emergency address now, I am attaching the snapshot.error_emergency_address.PNG error_emergency_address.PNG

on Aug 17, 2022 at 6:56am   •  0 likes

The emergency saving issue in a sandbox account is a known issue right now. But the error to login the RingCentral soft phone is unknown to me as I could login. Are you in the U.S? Can you close the app and run it again? Do you have a Macbook to try the app on MacOS?

on Aug 17, 2022 at 7:18am   •  0 likes

Hi Phong, I am not in US. I do not have macbook to try the app and i tried closing and rerunning the app but issue remains the same.

Is it possible that issue might be due to emergency address error? as we cannot make call unless emergency address is updated?

on Aug 17, 2022 at 7:36am   •  0 likes

What is your sandbox account id?

on Aug 17, 2022 at 7:58am   •  0 likes

+14703172287 is the account id

on Aug 17, 2022 at 6:05am   •  0 likes

I was able to login app.devtest.ringcentral.com, but phone app still has same issue. Also i am not able to add emergency address now, I am attaching the snapshot.error_emergency_address.PNG

1 Answer
answered on Aug 17, 2022 at 8:31am  

I found the root cause of the problem. Your sandbox account is a new one and there are some changes in the phone (digital line) selection option, that force developer to chose either an existing desk phone or the RC app. Before the option was an existing desk phone or the RingCentral soft phone. Because of this, you cannot start using the soft phone to set the emergency address and the RC app for sandbox has an issue to save the emergency address. The problem has been reported and the team is investigating and fixing it.

I don't have a workaround solution right now for you to use the RC app or the RingCentral soft phone.

I'll update you when the problem is fixed as soon as I get the status.

on Aug 17, 2022 at 8:54am   •  0 likes

Sure, I will be waiting. Thanks!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us