News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Meeting Recordings not returned from API
Tags: rest api, meetings
Aug 2, 2022 at 8:10pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Prashant Nagori

Step 1. I created a meeting using below API

POST https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/meeting

Step 2. I started the meeting using the StartUri returned from above call. I started recording in the meeting window and ran the meeting for few minutes. Then I ended the meeting.

Step 3. I am calling below API to fetch recordings(1499487766 is the id returned from Step 1) but I am only receiving 404

GET https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/meeting-recordings?meetingId=1499487766

Response Body:

{ "errorCode" : "CMN-102" , "message" : "Resource for parameter [Recording file] is not found" }

Please advise how can I fetch the meeting recordings.

1 Answer
answered on Aug 3, 2022 at 8:48am  

Before digging into the reported issue, may I ask how soon did you call the API to read the meeting recording after ending the meeting? It could be too soon to read because the meeting recording would take some time to get ready. Can you call the API now to confirm this and let me know if you still cannot read it.

on Aug 3, 2022 at 8:55am   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu I called the API just now and I am still seeing the same response.

{ "errorCode" : "CMN-102" , "message" : "Resource for parameter [Recording file] is not found" }
on Aug 3, 2022 at 10:51am   •  0 likes

Ok, can you do a quick test. Call the API without the meeting id. Or call it with the start time from/to params. To see if you can retrieve a list of records containing recordings.

GET https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/meeting-recordings
on Aug 4, 2022 at 12:06am   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu I am seeing empty records element when I call the below
{ {RingCentralBaseUri}}/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/meeting-recordings?meetingStartTimeFrom=2022-03-10T18:07:52.534Z&meetingEndTimeTo=2023-03-10T18:07:52.534Z

on Aug 4, 2022 at 8:26am   •  0 likes

Why the time "from" and "to" are the same? Can you put a wider range and try again.

If it still returns empty array. Then either the recording does not exist at all or some settings in the account that could cause that. And in that case, open a support ticket and provide more details about your account

on Aug 4, 2022 at 9:41am   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu from and to dates are not the same. They have different years i.e. 2022 and 2023.

on Aug 4, 2022 at 9:45am   •  0 likes

Oops. Did not pay much attention to the year. Then one more try with latest date/time. Shouldn't make difference but just a test.

on Aug 4, 2022 at 9:58am   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu I have tried from Aug 1st to Aug 4th and I still see empty records array in response.

{ {RingCentralBaseUri}}/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/meeting-recordings?meetingStartTimeFrom=2022-08-01T00:00:00.000Z&meetingEndTimeTo=2022-08-04T23:59:59.000Z

@Phong Vu I have a request. Is it possible to have a call and discuss the same since we are are facing multiple issues?

on Aug 4, 2022 at 8:58pm   •  0 likes

Open a ticket. They would get you on a call if that would be necessary.

on Aug 4, 2022 at 11:43pm   •  0 likes

ok thank you @Phong Vu

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us