News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Warm transfer holds user, hangs up initial call
Tags: hold times, transfer a call, call transfer
Jun 29, 2022 at 6:38am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Symone Charles

One of my team members is experiencing an issue much like the one mentioned here:

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/106691/i-am-being-put-on-hold.html

Agent A accepts an incoming call from PNC.

Agent A puts PNC on hold and calls agent B to make a warm transfer.

As soon as agent B picks up, agent A's ringcentral puts agent A on hold.

When agent A attempts to un-hold himself, the line between agent A and PNC is disconnected.

None of my other team members are experiencing this issue. Does anyone have any support or clue why this is happening?

on Sep 8, 2022 at 12:44pm   •  0 likes

I answered this and it's possible I should have commented instead. I apologize if this is the case.

on Jun 30, 2022 at 2:02pm   •  0 likes

It seems like we're getting this kind of issue lately. Please submit a Tech Support case so they can isolate this, @Symone Charles. You can go to https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html.

1 Answer
answered on Sep 8, 2022 at 12:41pm  

We have noticed that Ring Central Softphone 3-way conference calls and warm transfers disconnect callers as well. We were told that this is a known issue just about a week ago and the developers were working on it. We placed a ticket with Support and that the workaround for this is to turn off Headset Controls. We were told this is the only known workaround at this time and that our ticket was going to be added to a list of tickets to be updated when the developers reach a more permanent solution. Not promising anything just something you may wish to try to get by for a while. I know that doesn't sit well for those who have wireless headsets but......On another note we are also aware of the On Hold Issue where you do a warm transfer using the headset and the call is placed on hold once you connect the warm transfer. Clicking off the on hold button does complete the process but I am curious if the two issues are similar as 3-way conference calls are essentially warm transfers. Or so I have been told.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us