News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Microsoft Teams meeting dropping when a RingCentral call comes in
Tags: ringcentral app
Jun 22, 2022 at 1:12pm   •   4 replies  •  1 likes
Dan Gruza

Company wide our users are starting to experience Microsoft Teams meetings closing immediately a RingCentral desktop call comes in.

I saw a thread somewhere to turn off Headset controls in RingCentral. That seems to have worked for us for now. Does anyone know why that setting is causing this to happen?

on Jul 29, 2022 at 5:35am   •  0 likes

This does not work for me. I have a Sennheiser speaker connected to my laptop. If I am in a MS Teams call and someone calls me on Ring Central the MS Teams call automatically disconnects. I have updated the headset setting but this does not solve the problem - perhaps because it is a speaker and not a headset? Can anyone help?

on Jun 27, 2022 at 8:52am   •  0 likes

Hello!

I have the same issue with our organization. And yes, the only option to fix it is what you posted with the headset control. I hope support can chime in on a better fix?

2 Answers
answered on Aug 12, 2022 at 1:21pm  

We found the RingCentral MVP has this issue dropping Teams Calls when RC ring in. Fould if the user down load Plantronics Hub (Plantronics Headset) or Jabra. The user no longer has the issue and the Headset Control is enable allowing the user to control the call from the headset.

on Sep 7, 2022 at 11:27am   •  1 likes

However, lately, we've had to tell agents to disable HUB because when they allow a call to go to VM, the "Headset" continues to beep in their ear. This problem stops as soon as we close HUB. This started happening a few weeks ago out of the blue. I opened a support ticket. No help there.

on Sep 14, 2022 at 8:56am   •  0 likes

@Anthony Cherry Hit us with your case number and we'll dig into it a bit further.

on Sep 14, 2022 at 9:02am   •  0 likes

on Sep 14, 2022 at 9:07am   •  1 likes

Thank you - we have another question about this in the Community and will be coordinating the two issues to see if we can get some visibility on the issue.

on Sep 14, 2022 at 9:09am   •  1 likes

Thank you so much!

on Sep 14, 2022 at 8:05am   •  1 likes

Same issue here, if a call goes to voicemail, the headset base continues ringing. I've found the only way to disable it is to turn off headset controls. I wish there was an actual solution, as some people actually want to use headset controls.

on Sep 14, 2022 at 8:35am   •  0 likes

Yeah. This issue is systemic across our environment. Not everyone is complaining, but it is a trendy issue with our Service Desk. I think it's an issue with the RC-developed Plantronic plug-in. But they don't acknowledge that there is an issue.

answered on Jun 28, 2022 at 8:18am  

Hello,

After investigation, the Engineering team has determined that this is working as expected. All headsets connected to the RingCentral App via HID support have a known limitation when multiple applications try to use the headset simultaneously, one of the calls may be disconnected. This is not an error with the RingCentral App.

Workaround:

For Jabra and Polycom headsets, disable Headset controls in the RingCentral App settings and use the native apps to manage the headsets. This should resolve the problem of getting disconnected from MS Teams meetings when a call comes into the RingCentral App.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us