News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Cannot make WebRTC Demo App or Embeddable Widget working
Tags: softphone
Jun 9, 2022 at 3:30am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Nikolai Chashchin

Hello,

I'd like to perform some platform testing and as far as I understood from the documentation either WebPhone of Embeddable Widget can be used to place calls. I created a sandbox account. When I try to use one of the above apps I end up with the error message:

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact RingCentral support

1654770293922.png

Environment i'm using:

- Chrome browser

- I'm based in Germany

- I try to use 3-legged OAuth flow authorization code

- I don't have any adblockers at my machine

- I had tried to disable Windows Defender Firewall it didn't help

Best,

Nikolai

on Jun 9, 2022 at 8:39am   •  0 likes

Is your screenshot the WebRTC phone app? Did the error happen when you set the 911 emergency address or right after you login? Your sandbox and it's phone number is in the U.S, how do you specify the address?

on Jun 10, 2022 at 1:09am   •  0 likes

The screenshot is WebRTC phone app. Yes. Error happens on specifying 911 emergency address. Should I provide emergency address in US if my phone number belongs to US even if I'm ouside of US?

2 Answers
answered on Jun 20, 2022 at 2:01am  

Hi @Nikolai Chashchin We found root cause is the emergency address service can't work with RingCentral App device. It is on queue to fix.
For now, you can go to https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com/application/company/phones/userPhones And change the phone to Bring Your Own Device (Use an existing SIP phone / "Set up manually using SIP"). After that, you can login at web phone app.
You can also create new device, and select Existing phone.
1655715692159.png

answered on Jun 9, 2022 at 7:11pm  

Can it work now? It look like the address validation service is temporarily unavailable.

on Jun 10, 2022 at 1:10am   •  0 likes

No. It doesn't work

on Jun 13, 2022 at 10:35pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Nikolai Chashchin It seems that you have a phone number in US and E11 address out of country, and the E11 address out of country validation error at sandbox environment.
If you just want to try the web phone, can you try to update address to US, and test it again?

on Jun 14, 2022 at 1:14am   •  0 likes

Hi @Nikolai Chashchin we found the root cause. It is a wrong configuration at sandbox environment. Changing to US address still can't work. We will fix the configuration soon, and update to you here.
To test web phone, you can also login into here https://app.devtest.ringcentral.com/phone/recent/all The app can login successfully, and receive incoming call, but not outbound call (waiting configration fixed).

on Jun 20, 2022 at 1:48am   •  0 likes

Thank you. The app from https://app.devtest.ringcentral.com/phone/recent/all is working for incoming calls.

Get the error when I try to set up emergency address:

1655714889762.png

on Jun 20, 2022 at 2:37am   •  0 likes

Yes, it is emergency service issue with RingCentral App device. You can follow following answer to change device to Existing SIP phone to make it work.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us