News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Auto-Receptionist Loop
Tags: auto attendant
May 18, 2022 at 8:19pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Adam D. Ramczyk

I have set up an AA to have the company after hour message and key features. I set up 2 as "Transfer to the voicemail of" which is the receptionist voicemail. That phone is set to business hours for the AA.. so you go to the AA for calling after 5pm and press 2 to leave a VM but loop through the AA again because of business hour rules.

Is it even possible to do the AA with business hour rules applied to a receptionist's phone? Note: this is not the main company line. It's a secondary office so that phone IS the office main line.

1 Answer
answered on May 19, 2022 at 8:34am  

Ah gotcha. So basically you disabled the VM of 4601 after hours so that it forwards to your IVR, correct?

answered on May 19, 2022 at 8:29am  

Can you attach snips of what you've done? Don't embed them in chat, they don't show up very clear. Just make sure to attach them. I think I follow what you've done and I'd have a solution but I don't want to waste your time and make you change something if I've misread.

on May 19, 2022 at 8:33am   •  0 likes

So I setup a phone as PW Receptionist for the secondary office. This is the main line for that office and is setup with business hours from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Outside those hours the phone is set to automatically forward to the AA.

Now see attached image. Capture.PNG

In the AA settings I set Key Presses to have key 2, action transfer to voicemail of, ext/number PW Receptionist. Now when you press 2 it loops right back to the AA instead of being forward direct to the voicemail.

on May 19, 2022 at 8:35am   •  0 likes

Ah gotcha. So basically you disabled the VM of 4601 after hours so that it forwards to your IVR, correct?

on May 19, 2022 at 8:39am   •  0 likes

I simply set the afterhours to forward to the AA extension. See images.

Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG

on May 19, 2022 at 8:42am   •  1 likes

Alright, so that's fine. But here's what's happening:

When you forward to a menu from the user's profile, it disables the VM. So, there is no after-hours VM on that extension anymore. It's goofy I know, but that's how it is.

Here's how you can fix it:

- create a message only extension and set the recipient to be your receptionist

- change your option 2 prompt to hit the message only extension you selected

This will now send VMs appropriately to your receptionist and he/she can check it on their phone and it will no longer loop. For them to change the "voicemail" aka the message only extension you created, they will need to dial that extension, press #, enter the PIN you made for the extension and they're all set

on May 19, 2022 at 9:19am   •  0 likes

Ah. Though they have to call that extension to get into the VM. And I assume will not be able to see the VM in the app on the Receptionist desk? Only email notifications since it's not that user's mailbox technically.

Gotcha.

on May 19, 2022 at 9:44am   •  0 likes

Nope, sorry, I didn't explain that properly. They just need to access the Message Only if they wish to change the voicemail greeting. Otherwise, when you set the recipient to the receptionist extension from the message only, the receptionist still gets it on their phone/app as per usual.

on May 19, 2022 at 10:48am   •  0 likes

Okay. So I set up the message-only VM for PW. I changed the AA. Should be good now? And the Receptionist can simply use he/her phone/app going forward? Perfect.

See images. I set up as your instructions.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

on May 19, 2022 at 1:20pm   •  0 likes

Looks good to me!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us