question

mahmoud-mahajna9352 avatar image
mahmoud-mahajna9352 asked mahmoud-mahajna9352 answered

Glip User credentials

Hi,

I'm developing application to listen to Glip's posts events.

To use the Glip's API, I need to pass the Authorization of the user as header to the endpoind that I want to use.

I've used the Authorization code flow, using the JS SDK, and it returs the access token for RingCentral user.

The RingCentral's login page is requesting for RingCentral credentials, but if the User does not have RingCentral account? he only has a Glip account. How can I get the access token of the user and use the Glip's API?

If the user only has a Glip credentials, cannot use the application?

How can I add the URL of my setup page of the application in Integrations section in the Glip app?

Thanks,

Mahmoud

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
Today, the Glip API only works if the user has a RingCentral account since the API uses RingCentral's OAuth service. We are working on opening this to Glip users without RingCentral accounts. We'll post an update when we have more information on when this will be available.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mahmoud-mahajna9352 answered
Will that work for push notifications as well? Can I subscribe to post events for Glip's account? Could I add my application to Glip's integrations(in the app))? Thanks.
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
To your last two questions, currently they are not supported yet.  So I am afraid that the answers are "no". 

As John said, in the future, Glip user without RC account can use the api, so by then the answer to your first question will be "yes". 

For Glip integrations that you can see in the app. All of the them are developed by internal teams. I don't think it's open to external developers.
1 |3000

If I have only a Glip account(without RingCentral account), Can I attach that Glip's account to new RingCentral account?
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Mahmoud, I am afraid the answer is no. There is no way to attach a Glip account to a RingCentral account.

But once you get a RingCentral account, you can login Glip with you RingCentral account. In short: RingCentral account could be Glip account, but not vice versa.
1 |3000

Ok, Thanks.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys