question

joe-t10101 avatar image
joe-t10101 asked joe-t10101 commented

Added user not displaying in sandbox

My overall goal is to call someone in the sandbox, then record the call with *9, and then retrieve the recording thru the REST API.

So far I have set up the sandbox and can login to the admin portal and also use the Softphone Google extension on Ubuntu Linux.

I tried to call someone from the sandbox, but I can't call to an external number (although I can call in with my personal cell). So I reason that I need a sandbox number to call. Scanning the forums, it seems that I need to Add a User to my sandbox account. So I click Users, then Add User, and set up a new phone number in Quebec. I then choose Softphone for the new user and the setup pretends it is shipping it for $0.00. After submitting, everything looks OK except that I was never asked to enter a name, which I thought odd. But when I go back to the Users menu, the new user is not added. If I click Add User again, it indicates that one user has been used in my sandbox Plan of 4-4 users and only three remain. Therefore it looks to me like the new user has been added but not displaying properly, even if I enable all roles, etc.

I did notice that under Unassigned Extensions, there is one called "Ext. with RingCentral Phone app" (438) 806-7603 Is this the one I am supposed to use to practice calling out? Is it intentional by design that the sandbox cannot add users? The Softphone won't let me call out on that either... it says: "Your extension is not allowed to make outbound calls with browser currently." Thank you for the help and advice.

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Joe,

You are right on everything. Now, under the Unassigned Extensions, select the extension you created and fill out the form. You have to provide a new email address for that extension (think it's your employee). You will receive an activation link via email to the email address you've just provided. Follow the instruction on the email to complete that user setup.

Hope this helps.
Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

joe-t10101 avatar image
joe-t10101 answered joe-t10101 commented
Thanks Phong!  The UI gave me no inclination to click the row to get the form!  All it said was "Delete"  They should have an "Edit" next to the "Delete".

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
The whole row should be clickable. If not, I think it is the problem with the browser. Can you try with different browsers? What is the browser you are using right now?
0 Likes 0 ·
joe-t10101 avatar image joe-t10101 commented ·
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Perhaps it was me, but it was not evident from the User Interface Design that the row should be clicked in the first place, at least in FireFox.  It is definitely clickable, but the problem for me was that I didn't know to click it in the first place.  The row looks read-only to me.  If there was an Edit next to the Delete, it would have occurred to me to click/edit the row. 

Once I clicked the row, all is well!    Thank you very much, onward for me!
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys